Industry Focus: Privately held companies with a focus in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostics Industries. Select healthcare services companies with a technology concentration or in a highly specialized market niche are also considered.
Stage: Companies looking for early and growth stage investment with proof of concept completed and revenues at or rapidly approaching a breakeven level of cash flow.
Investment Size: Typically a total of between $100,000 and $2,000,000 of Fund capital. We have co-investors who also consider additional investment in projects on a case-by-case basis.
Holding Period: Average anticipated holding periods of 3-5 years with a clearly identifiable exit strategy.
Board Representation: Although we hold board seats with the majority of our portfolio companies, a board seat is not a strict requirement of the Fund.
Primary Areas of Evaluation
- A proprietary technology or product that originates from an academic research institution in Alabama
- Patent or patent pending technology
- An experienced management team with strong technical and strategic leadership
- Industry transforming business models
- Existing or emerging revenue platforms
- Potential to gain a significant share of a large or rapidly growing market
*Greer Capital Advisors, LLC is registered as an investment advisor in the State of Alabama. Advisory services can only be provided in Alabama or as de minimis laws in othr states may allow.